Most Active Stories
- Offshore wind energy faces setbacks in Great Lakes
- Fireman's Association says leave the pyrotechnics to the professionals
- Severe storms kill 3 people in Madison County, damage homes, cause power outages throughout region
- Susan Wood and Thomas Drake on The Campbell Conversations
- Red to green: Syracuse working to upgrade traffic signal system
Michel Martin Luncheon
Michel Martin, host of the NPR program Tell Me More, visited Syracuse April 11-12. Her visit included a lecture at Syracuse University and a luncheon with WRVO members, staff and community leaders at the Genesee Grande Hotel. Her address at the luncheon focused on opportunities and challenges for media working to bring voices of minorities into the mainstream. She described the progress of her program in building an audience with innovative approaches to covering minority issues.
Tell Me More is produced at NPR's worldwide headquarters in Washington, D.C. It is a production of NPR News in association with the African American Public Radio Consortium representing 20 independent public radio stations that serve predominantly black communities.
Photos are of Michel greeting luncheon guests and WRVO staff.
You can hear Michel Martin on Tell Me More weekday afternoons at 1 pm on WRVO Public Media.