Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Winter storm brings heavy snow to the region
- Closings and cancelations for Wednesday
- Oswego County nuclear plant shut down for the second time in less than a week
Michel Martin Luncheon
Michel Martin, host of the NPR program Tell Me More, visited Syracuse April 11-12. Her visit included a lecture at Syracuse University and a luncheon with WRVO members, staff and community leaders at the Genesee Grande Hotel. Her address at the luncheon focused on opportunities and challenges for media working to bring voices of minorities into the mainstream. She described the progress of her program in building an audience with innovative approaches to covering minority issues.
Tell Me More is produced at NPR's worldwide headquarters in Washington, D.C. It is a production of NPR News in association with the African American Public Radio Consortium representing 20 independent public radio stations that serve predominantly black communities.
Photos are of Michel greeting luncheon guests and WRVO staff.
You can hear Michel Martin on Tell Me More weekday afternoons at 1 pm on WRVO Public Media.