Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Air Force plane found deep below Lake Ontario from 1952 crash
Michigan State Is First No. 1 Seed To Be Bounced
Originally published on Fri March 23, 2012 8:01 am
Tough defense by Louisville led to the defeat Thursday night of Michigan State in the NCAA men's basketball tournament, NPR's Mike Pesca said earlier on Morning Edition.
The Spartans, who lost to Louisville 57-44, are the first of the four No. 1 regional seeds to be sent home.
Syracuse, another No. 1 seed, managed to hang on with a 64-63 win over Wisconsin. In Thursday's other two games, Florida beat Marquette 68-58 and Ohio State thumped Cincinnati, 81-66.
Play resumes tonight to see which other teams make it into the "Elite Eight."
Among the many places to see the bracket: CBSSports.com.