Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Tell Me More will leave WRVO's midday schedule; Q with Jian Ghomeshi moves in
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
'Mother Of Hip-Hop' Dies At Age 75
Sylvia Robinson passed away Thursday. She was a notable producer at a time when few women were. She assembled the music group the Sugarhill Gang and released the 1979 hit, 'Rapper's Delight.' It was the first rap song to become a commercial success. Robinson also signed the famed band, Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five. Michel Martin reflects on Robinson's life, legacy and music.