Most Active Stories
- Some billing relief for National Grid customers after bitter winter
- Cortland among counties to pull out of SAFE Act pilot program
- Wegmans takes a stance on genetically modified food
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
'Mother Of Hip-Hop' Dies At Age 75
Sylvia Robinson passed away Thursday. She was a notable producer at a time when few women were. She assembled the music group the Sugarhill Gang and released the 1979 hit, 'Rapper's Delight.' It was the first rap song to become a commercial success. Robinson also signed the famed band, Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five. Michel Martin reflects on Robinson's life, legacy and music.