Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
Mother Recalls Her Perilous Freedom Ride
Scores of civil rights activists faced violence and arrests when traveling into the heart of the segregated South as "Freedom Riders" in 1961. Theresa Walker, one of the few women and very few mothers who braved that journey, is being honored Wednesday by the National Women's Law Center. She speaks with host Michel Martin.