Most Active Stories
- New York's "local" beef, often not as local as you think
- Remington Arms' owner breaks silence on state's gun laws
- The WRVO MemberCard Thank You! Tour
- Seven years of spinning turbines have brought windfall to Lewis County communities
- Rally hopes to shed light on diagnosis and treatment of Lyme disease
Mother Recalls Her Perilous Freedom Ride
Scores of civil rights activists faced violence and arrests when traveling into the heart of the segregated South as "Freedom Riders" in 1961. Theresa Walker, one of the few women and very few mothers who braved that journey, is being honored Wednesday by the National Women's Law Center. She speaks with host Michel Martin.