Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
As Neighbors Founder, Italy's Borrowing Costs Spike
Italy is the latest country to be in the cross hairs of investors alarmed by Europe's growing debt crisis. In many ways, Italy's financial situation is quite healthy. But it is being harmed by severe debt problems in neighboring countries and by the inability of European policymakers to act forcefully and in unison.