Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
New $300 million medical building opens in Buffalo
The newest addition to Buffalo’s skyline has opened its doors.
The 10-story, $300 million Gates Vascular Institute/Clinical and Translational Research Center houses a state-of-the-art surgery center, research labs and a business incubator.
“This is a magnet for the region,” says Jim Kaskie, CEO of Kaleida Health. “If you’ve got issues with your heart, your brain, your arteries or veins, you want to be here.”
Kaleida Health collaborated with the University at Buffalo on the project.
The Innovation Trail, funded by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB), is a collaboration between five upstate New York public media outlets. It's goal is to help the public gain a better understanding of the connection between technological breakthroughs and the revitalization of upstate New York's economy. They cover research, development, education, funding and policy issues across New York state.