Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
More News From WRVO
New festival hopes to be the start of economic revival in hard-hit city
By Dave Bullard/WRVO
FULTON, NY – A new festival takes place tomorrow in Fulton. Arts Fest on the River features music, art and local food.
It's notable not because it's a festival, but because its founder believes the arts can be a big part of restoring the economy of a city damaged by decades of factory closings.
Nancy Fox talked with WRVO's Dave Bullard about why she believes the arts can be an engine of job growth.
The festival takes place tomorrow at noon in downtown Fulton.
Fox says the goal is to begin raising money for a building for arts shows and performances, to act as the center of the plan for growth.