Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
More News From WRVO
New York State Assemblywoman speaks out against controversial power line project.
By Chris Ulanowski
Utica, NY – The private company that wants to build a high-voltage transmission line from Marcy near Utica to Orange County downstate was dealt a setback last when state regulators said the company's application was incomplete.
It's one of the issues that will be addressed when the State Assembly Energy Committee holds a public hearing in Utica August 23rd to review New York Regional Interconnect's plan for the billion-dollar plus power line.
WRVO's Chris Ulanowski spoke to State Assemblywoman RoAnn Destito about the controversial project.