Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- No bones about it, Utica College students learn more than anthropology in Albania
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
More News From WRVO
New York State Assemblywoman speaks out against controversial power line project.
By Chris Ulanowski
Utica, NY – The private company that wants to build a high-voltage transmission line from Marcy near Utica to Orange County downstate was dealt a setback last when state regulators said the company's application was incomplete.
It's one of the issues that will be addressed when the State Assembly Energy Committee holds a public hearing in Utica August 23rd to review New York Regional Interconnect's plan for the billion-dollar plus power line.
WRVO's Chris Ulanowski spoke to State Assemblywoman RoAnn Destito about the controversial project.