Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
More News From WRVO
New York's Clean Indoor Air Act Deemed a Success
By Chris Ulanowski
Oswego, NY – New York's clean indoor air act is three years old. The law put to an end smoking in all public gathering places in the state.
And on the anniversary, the State Health Department released a report said the law signficantly reduced exposure to second-hand smoke.
Russell Sciandra is the Director for the Center for a Tobacco Free New York. He also serves on the health department's Tobacco Advisory Board. WRVO's Chris Ulanowski asked him about the findings.