Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Air Force plane found deep below Lake Ontario from 1952 crash
More News From WRVO
NYS School Funding Impasse
By Chris Ulanowski
Albany, NY – Time is running out for Governor Pataki and the New York State Legislature to reform the way New York funds public education. With a July 30th deadline drawing near, the group that succesfully sued the state to create a fairer system, is seeking a panel to decide how to spend billions of education dollars if it can't come up with a formula.
The inability to reach an agreement is becoming increasingly worrisome for another, the State School Boards Association. Its Executive Director, Tim Kremer, spoke with WRVO's Chris Ulanowski.