Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Air Force plane found deep below Lake Ontario from 1952 crash
More News From WRVO
NYS Student Financial Aid Awareness Month
By Jasmyn Belcher
Oswego, NY – Governor David Paterson is kicking off a month-long campaign to encourage students and families to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
The governor has designated January 25th to February 25th as "New York State Student Financial Aid Awareness Month."
This comes as The New York State Higher Education Services Corporation is touting the new website, StartHereGetThere.org. It offers college and financial aid planning information, videos, and a step-by-step tutorial for completing the FAFSA.