Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
More News From WRVO
NYS Student Financial Aid Awareness Month
By Jasmyn Belcher
Oswego, NY – Governor David Paterson is kicking off a month-long campaign to encourage students and families to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
The governor has designated January 25th to February 25th as "New York State Student Financial Aid Awareness Month."
This comes as The New York State Higher Education Services Corporation is touting the new website, StartHereGetThere.org. It offers college and financial aid planning information, videos, and a step-by-step tutorial for completing the FAFSA.