Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- No bones about it, Utica College students learn more than anthropology in Albania
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
More News From WRVO
NYS Student Financial Aid Awareness Month
By Jasmyn Belcher
Oswego, NY – Governor David Paterson is kicking off a month-long campaign to encourage students and families to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
The governor has designated January 25th to February 25th as "New York State Student Financial Aid Awareness Month."
This comes as The New York State Higher Education Services Corporation is touting the new website, StartHereGetThere.org. It offers college and financial aid planning information, videos, and a step-by-step tutorial for completing the FAFSA.