Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
Obama Tells Biden To 'Just Go Be Joe' On Campaign Trail
A new McClatchy-Marist poll shows that a majority of voters believe President Obama will lose "to any Republican" in next year's election and that "a solid plurality" of those surveyed say they will definitely vote against the president, the McClatchy news service reports.
And, it adds, "most potential Republican challengers" are gaining on Obama in one-on-one matchups.
Obviously, there's a long way to go before the election. But the Obama team is unleashing one of its leading voices, The Hill reports.
Tuesday night in Chicago, The Hill says, Vice President Biden told supporters at a fundraiser that Obama has told him "'Look, Joe, just go be Joe."
"So he let me loose" to hit the campaign trail, the vice president added.
Our friend Frank James is following the 2012 race over at It's All Politics.