Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Education historian lashes out against Common Core during Syracuse visit
It's All Politics
Obama's Address To Joint Session Would Be Same Time As GOP Debate
President Obama just told House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) that he wants to address a joint session of Congress on Sept. 7, at 8 p.m. ET, to lay out his latest jobs plan.
Worth noting: 8 p.m. ET is also the planned starting time for the Sept. 7 Republican candidates presidential debate at the Reagan Library in California. It's scheduled to be broadcast on MSNBC, CNBS and Telemundo. Politico will be streaming it.
Watch for one of those times to change (we think we know which one it would more likely be).