Most Active Stories
- Some billing relief for National Grid customers after bitter winter
- Cortland among counties to pull out of SAFE Act pilot program
- Wegmans takes a stance on genetically modified food
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
It's All Politics
Obama's Address To Joint Session Would Be Same Time As GOP Debate
President Obama just told House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) that he wants to address a joint session of Congress on Sept. 7, at 8 p.m. ET, to lay out his latest jobs plan.
Worth noting: 8 p.m. ET is also the planned starting time for the Sept. 7 Republican candidates presidential debate at the Reagan Library in California. It's scheduled to be broadcast on MSNBC, CNBS and Telemundo. Politico will be streaming it.
Watch for one of those times to change (we think we know which one it would more likely be).