Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
One Husband, Three Wives: Real-Life 'Love'
The family who helped inspire the hit HBO series Big Love has written a tell-all of sorts: A new book called Love Times Three: Our True Story Of A Polygamous Marriage.
In it, Joe, Alina, Vicki and Valerie — the Dargers — take readers into their world of plural marriage, parenting 23 children and living in a community that views polygamy with scorn. The Dargers are independent fundamentalists and are not recognized by any organized religion.
Joe and Alina Darger join NPR's Neal Conan to talk about the choices they've made, and how they get by in a world in which polygamy is illegal.