Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Tell Me More will leave WRVO's midday schedule; Q with Jian Ghomeshi moves in
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
Onondaga County health commissioner resigns
The head of Onondaga County's health department, Dr. Cynthia Morrow, has suddenly resigned.
Morrow's resignation is effective immediately, according to Ben Dublin, a spokesman for County Executive Joanie Mahoney.
Mahoney accepted the resignation today, Dublin said.
Deputy Commissioner Michele Mignano has been appointed in her place for the interim and Dr. Morrow will stay on for a few weeks to help with the transition, Dublin said.
The county executive released this statement:
Onondaga County is fortunate to have strong legacy of capable Health Commissioners and Dr. Morrow has served County residents admirably. While Dr. Morrow’s work will certainly be missed, Onondaga County residents should be confident that the department is in good hands and we will immediately begin a search to select Dr. Morrow’s replacement.
Dr. Morrow has scheduled a 1 p.m. press briefing and we will have more on this story then.