Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
More News From WRVO
Onondaga County Legislature to Vote on Smoking Ban
By Elizabeth Christensen
Syracuse, NY – After years of debate, the latest bill prohibiting smoking in public places will be up for a vote in the Onondaga County legislature today.
The Warner-Winslow Bill would prohibit smoking in public places, such as restaurants, taverns, and bowling alleys.
Smaller establishments with less than 50 seats would have two years to comply with the law.
Sources in the county legislature say passage of the ban is likely.