Most Active Stories
- New York's "local" beef, often not as local as you think
- Remington Arms' owner breaks silence on state's gun laws
- The WRVO MemberCard Thank You! Tour
- Seven years of spinning turbines have brought windfall to Lewis County communities
- Rally hopes to shed light on diagnosis and treatment of Lyme disease
More News From WRVO
Onondaga County Legislature to Vote on Smoking Ban
By Elizabeth Christensen
Syracuse, NY – After years of debate, the latest bill prohibiting smoking in public places will be up for a vote in the Onondaga County legislature today.
The Warner-Winslow Bill would prohibit smoking in public places, such as restaurants, taverns, and bowling alleys.
Smaller establishments with less than 50 seats would have two years to comply with the law.
Sources in the county legislature say passage of the ban is likely.