Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
- No bones about it, Utica College students learn more than anthropology in Albania
More News From WRVO
Onondaga County Legislature to Vote on Smoking Ban
By Elizabeth Christensen
Syracuse, NY – After years of debate, the latest bill prohibiting smoking in public places will be up for a vote in the Onondaga County legislature today.
The Warner-Winslow Bill would prohibit smoking in public places, such as restaurants, taverns, and bowling alleys.
Smaller establishments with less than 50 seats would have two years to comply with the law.
Sources in the county legislature say passage of the ban is likely.