Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Air Force plane found deep below Lake Ontario from 1952 crash
More News From WRVO
Onondaga County Legislature to Vote on Smoking Ban
By Elizabeth Christensen
Syracuse, NY – After years of debate, the latest bill prohibiting smoking in public places will be up for a vote in the Onondaga County legislature today.
The Warner-Winslow Bill would prohibit smoking in public places, such as restaurants, taverns, and bowling alleys.
Smaller establishments with less than 50 seats would have two years to comply with the law.
Sources in the county legislature say passage of the ban is likely.