Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
The Opinion Page
Op-Ed: The Future Of Labor Day
"We may still celebrate Labor Day, but our culture has given up on honoring workers as the real creators of wealth and their honest toil — the phrase itself seems antique — as worthy of genuine respect," he writes.
It's just a matter of time, he says, before Labor Day falls off the calendar.
But, while it remains, he writes, "it should shame us about our cool indifference to the heroism of those who go to work every day."