Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
- World War II veteran honored with Purple Heart 70 years after turning it down
Around the Nation
Penn State Sex Abuse Scandal Really About Football?
Legendary football coach Joe Paterno was fired on Wednesday. Critics said he should have done more to address charges of child sex abuse that came to his attention. Penn State students staged violent protests after the announcement. Host Michel Martin speaks with USA Today Sports Columnist Christine Brennan and NPR Sports Correspondent Mike Pesca about the abuse case, firing, and 84-year-old Paterno's legacy.