Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- No bones about it, Utica College students learn more than anthropology in Albania
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
Politics and Government
Peter Coleman on the Campbell Conversations
There are conflicts, and then there are conflicts. Peter Coleman, director of the international center for cooperation and conflict resolution at Columbia University, has identified a category of our seemingly most intractable conflicts—the five percent—and has studied them systematically.
He’s the author of The Five Percent: Finding Solutions to Seemingly Impossible Conflicts. What leads individuals, groups, and even entire nations to fall into the five percent trap, and what can they do to get out of it? Find out on this edition of the Campbell Conversations.