Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
- World War II veteran honored with Purple Heart 70 years after turning it down
Politics and Government
Peter Coleman on the Campbell Conversations
There are conflicts, and then there are conflicts. Peter Coleman, director of the international center for cooperation and conflict resolution at Columbia University, has identified a category of our seemingly most intractable conflicts—the five percent—and has studied them systematically.
He’s the author of The Five Percent: Finding Solutions to Seemingly Impossible Conflicts. What leads individuals, groups, and even entire nations to fall into the five percent trap, and what can they do to get out of it? Find out on this edition of the Campbell Conversations.