Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
Around the Nation
Pitino Keeps Promise, Gets Tattoo
Originally published on Mon April 29, 2013 8:00 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep.
Once Louisville won the NCAA men's basketball title, there was only one thing for Rick Pitino to do. He promised his players that if they won, he'd get a tattoo. We do not know if Pitino had second thoughts in the final seconds of the win over Michigan, but now the coach has done it. A Louisville spokesman tweeted a photo of the 60-year-old coach's back. It is now marked with the team record, 35-and-five, along with a blood-red letter L.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.