Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
In Politics: Economy, Jobs And 'Occupy The Hood'
GOP presidential hopefuls focused on the U.S. economy in their debate Tuesday. The same day, President Obama's $447 billion jobs plan failed to advance in the Senate as Democrats did not produce the 60 votes needed to allow debate on the bill. And as the Occupy Wall Street movement continues, a group called Occupy the Hood is emerging in Detroit to get more blacks and Latinos to join the Occupy protests. Michel Martin talks with Washington Post Political Reporter Perry Bacon Jr. and WDET News Director Jerome Vaughn.