Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Winter storm to bring heavy snow to the region Wednesday and Thursday
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Oswego County nuclear plant shut down for the second time in less than a week
In Politics: Economy, Jobs And 'Occupy The Hood'
GOP presidential hopefuls focused on the U.S. economy in their debate Tuesday. The same day, President Obama's $447 billion jobs plan failed to advance in the Senate as Democrats did not produce the 60 votes needed to allow debate on the bill. And as the Occupy Wall Street movement continues, a group called Occupy the Hood is emerging in Detroit to get more blacks and Latinos to join the Occupy protests. Michel Martin talks with Washington Post Political Reporter Perry Bacon Jr. and WDET News Director Jerome Vaughn.