Most Active Stories
- Some billing relief for National Grid customers after bitter winter
- Cortland among counties to pull out of SAFE Act pilot program
- Wegmans takes a stance on genetically modified food
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- String of heroin overdoses stresses prevention drug training
More News From WRVO
Pop Culture Guru Robert Thompson of Syracuse University on Digitial TV Transition
By Chris Ulanowski
Syracuse, NY – A new era in broadcast joournalism is underway as local T-V stations begin the transition to digital broadcasting.
Across New York, there's a lack of uniformity in the transition. Some stations have opted to push ahead while others have decided to wait until June under an extension.
Robert Thompson is the founding director of the Bleir Center for Television and Popular at Syracuse University. He discusses ramifcations from the transition with WRVO's Chris Ulanowski.