Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
- World War II veteran honored with Purple Heart 70 years after turning it down
More News From WRVO
Pop Culture Guru Robert Thompson of Syracuse University on Digitial TV Transition
By Chris Ulanowski
Syracuse, NY – A new era in broadcast joournalism is underway as local T-V stations begin the transition to digital broadcasting.
Across New York, there's a lack of uniformity in the transition. Some stations have opted to push ahead while others have decided to wait until June under an extension.
Robert Thompson is the founding director of the Bleir Center for Television and Popular at Syracuse University. He discusses ramifcations from the transition with WRVO's Chris Ulanowski.