Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
More News From WRVO
Pop Culture Guru Robert Thompson of Syracuse University on Digitial TV Transition
By Chris Ulanowski
Syracuse, NY – A new era in broadcast joournalism is underway as local T-V stations begin the transition to digital broadcasting.
Across New York, there's a lack of uniformity in the transition. Some stations have opted to push ahead while others have decided to wait until June under an extension.
Robert Thompson is the founding director of the Bleir Center for Television and Popular at Syracuse University. He discusses ramifcations from the transition with WRVO's Chris Ulanowski.