Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
It's All Politics
Powell Isn't Sure He'll Support Obama In 2012 Race
Originally published on Mon August 29, 2011 8:19 am
It was a big story when former Secretary of State Colin Powell, a Republican, endorsed Democrat Barack Obama during the 2008 presidential campaign.
So it's news that this weekend on CBS-TV's Face the Nation, Powell said he hasn't decided if he will vote for the president in 2012.
"Just as was the case in 2008, I am going to watch the campaign unfold," he said. And, while he didn't single out any one person, Powell added that "there are some interesting candidates" on the Republican side.
Also on Face the Nation, Powell took strong exception to some things former Vice President Dick Cheney has to say in his new memoir. There's more about that over at The Two-Way.