Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
President Obama Is 'Time' Magazine's 'Person Of The Year'
Writing that "after four of the most challenging years in the nation's history, his chance to leave office as a great president who was able to face crises and build a new majority coalition remains within reach," Time magazine has named President Obama its "person of the year."
The others on Time's "short list" were:
-- Fabiola Gianotti, one of the head scientists at CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research.