Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- No bones about it, Utica College students learn more than anthropology in Albania
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
More News From WRVO
Prom, Body Image and Eating Disorders
By Joyce Gramza
Oswego, NY – Weight loss promotions aimed at teenaged girls seem to get even more prevalent as prom time approaches.
As WRVO's Joyce Gramza reports while prom can be a trigger for unhealthy dieting parents, and even retailers, can do something about it.
Syracuse University professor Harriet Brown's book, "Brave Girl Eating," follows the journey of her daughter "Kitty" through her struggle with anorexia.
"Kitty" was helped by a radical new approach called Family Based Treatment, or FBT.
For much more information on eating disorders, evidence-based treatments, and "Project Body Talk," see her websites:
"Brave Girl Eating" www.harrietbrown.com
"Feed Me!" blog: http://harrietbrown.blogspot.com/
"Project Body Talk" http://www.projectbodytalk.com/