Most Active Stories
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
More News From WRVO
Prom, Body Image and Eating Disorders
By Joyce Gramza
Oswego, NY – Weight loss promotions aimed at teenaged girls seem to get even more prevalent as prom time approaches.
As WRVO's Joyce Gramza reports while prom can be a trigger for unhealthy dieting parents, and even retailers, can do something about it.
Syracuse University professor Harriet Brown's book, "Brave Girl Eating," follows the journey of her daughter "Kitty" through her struggle with anorexia.
"Kitty" was helped by a radical new approach called Family Based Treatment, or FBT.
For much more information on eating disorders, evidence-based treatments, and "Project Body Talk," see her websites:
"Brave Girl Eating" www.harrietbrown.com
"Feed Me!" blog: http://harrietbrown.blogspot.com/
"Project Body Talk" http://www.projectbodytalk.com/