Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
More News From WRVO
Reaction to National Grid's Rate Hike Request
By Jasmyn Belcher
Oswego, NY – A consumer group is reacting to National Grid's request for a rate hike of nearly 30% on the delivery costs of natural gas.
WRVO's Jasmyn Belcher spoke with Executive Director of The Public Utility Law Project of New York, Gerald Norlander. He responds to the utility's first call for an increase in about ten years.