Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
More News From WRVO
Red and Blue States - Fact or Myth
By Elizabeth Christensen
Oswego, NY – When election time rolls around, many media outlets start coloring their map of the United States. Red is for Republican states and blue is for Democrats.
But a Hamilton College professor says there's little evidence that Americans or states are becoming more segrated along party lines.
Phillip Klinkner's article "Red and Blue Scare: The Continuing Diversity of the American Electoral Landscape" was just published in the on-line political science magazine The Forum. He spoke with WRVO's Elizabeth Christensen.
( Phillip Klinkner is the James S. Sherman Professor of Government at Hamilton College. )