Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
Remembering New Jersey's First Black Congressman
New Jersey's first black Congressman, Donald Payne, died today at the age of 77. He was known as a strong advocate for education and civil rights during his 23 years in office. He also championed international causes like HIV prevention, malaria treatment and famine aid. Host Michel Martin remembers Congressman Payne's legacy.