Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Air Force plane found deep below Lake Ontario from 1952 crash
Remembering New Jersey's First Black Congressman
New Jersey's first black Congressman, Donald Payne, died today at the age of 77. He was known as a strong advocate for education and civil rights during his 23 years in office. He also championed international causes like HIV prevention, malaria treatment and famine aid. Host Michel Martin remembers Congressman Payne's legacy.