Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
-Nature of Things
(Road Names) Do They Really Reflect Locality?
John Weeks discusses the significance of road names. He talks about which road names really reflect the natural history of the area and which reflect the names of residences or simply reflect uncoordinated labels applied to housing develops. Different areas of Central New York have different names and we are going to find out how these roads got their names and the stories behind them.
This episode of Nature of Things was originally aired on September 23rd, 1988.