Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
-Nature of Things
(Road Names) Do They Really Reflect Locality?
John Weeks discusses the significance of road names. He talks about which road names really reflect the natural history of the area and which reflect the names of residences or simply reflect uncoordinated labels applied to housing develops. Different areas of Central New York have different names and we are going to find out how these roads got their names and the stories behind them.
This episode of Nature of Things was originally aired on September 23rd, 1988.