Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- No bones about it, Utica College students learn more than anthropology in Albania
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
More News From WRVO
Secretary of the Army Next in Line for Secretary of Defense
By Dave Bollard
Oswego, NY – Former North Country Congressman John McHugh would become secretary of defense if the current secretary died and his deputy could not take the job.
McHugh is Secretary of the Army. Democratic President Barack Obama appointed the longtime republican member of Congress to the job last year.
The president has signed an order this week stating that if the job of defense secretary should suddenly open the secretary of the army should become second in line.
The President's order changes the succession plan of former president Bush, who would have made the intelligence chief third in line.