Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
Sen. Daniel Inouye On Pearl Harbor, After 70 Years
On Dec. 7, 1941, Senator Daniel Inouye, D-Haw., witnessed Japan bomb the naval base at Pearl Harbor. He speaks with host Michel Martin about his memories of that day, and what motivated him to serve in the Army once the government lifted restrictions designating all Japanese Americans as 'enemy aliens.'