Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
Shark Or Surfer? Photo Taken Near San Diego Gets Attention
Along the Pacific coast near San Diego in recent days, lots of nature lovers have been gathering to watch for sharks — including great whites. Several sightings have experts saying that great white population in the waters off southern California may be on the rise, the Los Angeles Times says.
Now there's word about an eye-catching photo that may show a large shark quite near a group of surfers. San Diego's KFMB-TV has the story. As you'll hear, the local lifeguards don't think it really was a shark and none of the surfers reported seeing such a creature, but at least one expert says it was.