Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
More News From WRVO
Sheriff wants to lower driving age
By Jasmyn Belcher
Oswego, New York – A Central New York area sheriff wants to lower the state's driving age.
Currently in New York, teens can get a learners permit at the age of 16. After 20 hours of supervised driving plus five hours of classroom instruction, they can apply for a restricted junior operators license.
Onondaga County Sheriff Kevin Walsh outlined his plans for change yesterday at a forum for civic leaders in Syracuse.
Walsh spoke with WRVO's Jasmyn Belcher about his proposal.