Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
More News From WRVO
Sheriff wants to lower driving age
By Jasmyn Belcher
Oswego, New York – A Central New York area sheriff wants to lower the state's driving age.
Currently in New York, teens can get a learners permit at the age of 16. After 20 hours of supervised driving plus five hours of classroom instruction, they can apply for a restricted junior operators license.
Onondaga County Sheriff Kevin Walsh outlined his plans for change yesterday at a forum for civic leaders in Syracuse.
Walsh spoke with WRVO's Jasmyn Belcher about his proposal.