Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Tell Me More will leave WRVO's midday schedule; Q with Jian Ghomeshi moves in
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
More News From WRVO
Sheriff wants to lower driving age
By Jasmyn Belcher
Oswego, New York – A Central New York area sheriff wants to lower the state's driving age.
Currently in New York, teens can get a learners permit at the age of 16. After 20 hours of supervised driving plus five hours of classroom instruction, they can apply for a restricted junior operators license.
Onondaga County Sheriff Kevin Walsh outlined his plans for change yesterday at a forum for civic leaders in Syracuse.
Walsh spoke with WRVO's Jasmyn Belcher about his proposal.