Most Active Stories
- Some billing relief for National Grid customers after bitter winter
- Cortland among counties to pull out of SAFE Act pilot program
- Wegmans takes a stance on genetically modified food
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
More News From WRVO
Sheriff wants to lower driving age
By Jasmyn Belcher
Oswego, New York – A Central New York area sheriff wants to lower the state's driving age.
Currently in New York, teens can get a learners permit at the age of 16. After 20 hours of supervised driving plus five hours of classroom instruction, they can apply for a restricted junior operators license.
Onondaga County Sheriff Kevin Walsh outlined his plans for change yesterday at a forum for civic leaders in Syracuse.
Walsh spoke with WRVO's Jasmyn Belcher about his proposal.