Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Winter storm to bring heavy snow to the region Wednesday and Thursday
- Closings and cancelations for Wednesday
- Oswego County nuclear plant shut down for the second time in less than a week
More News From WRVO
Sheriff wants to lower driving age
By Jasmyn Belcher
Oswego, New York – A Central New York area sheriff wants to lower the state's driving age.
Currently in New York, teens can get a learners permit at the age of 16. After 20 hours of supervised driving plus five hours of classroom instruction, they can apply for a restricted junior operators license.
Onondaga County Sheriff Kevin Walsh outlined his plans for change yesterday at a forum for civic leaders in Syracuse.
Walsh spoke with WRVO's Jasmyn Belcher about his proposal.