Most Active Stories
- New York's "local" beef, often not as local as you think
- Remington Arms' owner breaks silence on state's gun laws
- The WRVO MemberCard Thank You! Tour
- Seven years of spinning turbines have brought windfall to Lewis County communities
- Rally hopes to shed light on diagnosis and treatment of Lyme disease
More News From WRVO
Snowmobile Clubs Continue Talks with Insurers
New York State – Thousands of miles of snowmobile trails were closed this weekend despite an overabundance of snow.
Snowmobile clubs had to purchase insurance for their trails from a new provider this year. Recently, it was discovered that the policies have an exclusion clause that declines to cover snowmobile accidents.
That's forced the clubs to close trails.
State Insurance Department officials plant to meet with the snowmobile clubs and the Northfield Insurance Company today to try to resolve the dispute.