Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Air Force plane found deep below Lake Ontario from 1952 crash
Soccer Played As Early As The 15th Century
Historians have found documents from 1497 that show King James IV paid two shillings for a bag of "fut ballis." Seventy years later, Mary Queen of Scots watched a match. The curator of the Scottish Football Museum says the early game was for the royals but the matches did include heated arguments between players.