Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
- World War II veteran honored with Purple Heart 70 years after turning it down
South Africa's 'Secrecy Bill': Back To Apartheid?
The bill would give the state broad authority to classify certain information as secret. Viewing or leaking such documents could lead to imprisonment. To learn what this could mean for press freedom, host Michel Martin speaks with Nic Dawes, editor of South Africa's Mail and Guardian newspaper, and journalist Charlene Smith.