Most Active Stories
- Adams company dominates the runway business
- Oswego revokes Brookfield's right to post warning signs along Oswego River
- Going green: the health benefits of green tea
- Sleeping off the weight: new research on the relationship between sleep and your metabolism
- Peter Waite and Marsha Tait on the Campbell Conversations
More News From WRVO
Starting January First : New Laws
By Elizabeth Christensen
New York State – The long-anticipated Women's Health Care Act becomes law. Insurers will be forced to cover mammograms, osteoporosis exams, and doctor-prescribed oral contraceptives. Regligious entities will be exempt from the contraceptive requirement.
Another law will increase the standard deduction for married couples who don't itemize deducations.
One measure raises the college tuition take credit by 25%.
Also taking effect, a law that will make it illegal to print debit card account numbers on transaction receipts.