Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Air Force plane found deep below Lake Ontario from 1952 crash
More News From WRVO
Starting January First : New Laws
By Elizabeth Christensen
New York State – The long-anticipated Women's Health Care Act becomes law. Insurers will be forced to cover mammograms, osteoporosis exams, and doctor-prescribed oral contraceptives. Regligious entities will be exempt from the contraceptive requirement.
Another law will increase the standard deduction for married couples who don't itemize deducations.
One measure raises the college tuition take credit by 25%.
Also taking effect, a law that will make it illegal to print debit card account numbers on transaction receipts.