Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Education historian lashes out against Common Core during Syracuse visit
Around the Nation
As States Cut Court Budgets, Who Pays The Price?
As many states are coping with diminished budgets, they're slashing funding to court systems. This has led to delays in traffic hearings, divorce proceedings and other issues affecting everyday Americans. Some analysts are worrying about states' abilities to dispense justice. Michel Martin speaks with Mary McQueen of the National Center for State Courts.