Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Winter storm brings heavy snow to the region
- Closings and cancelations for Wednesday
- Oswego County nuclear plant shut down for the second time in less than a week
Around the Nation
As States Cut Court Budgets, Who Pays The Price?
As many states are coping with diminished budgets, they're slashing funding to court systems. This has led to delays in traffic hearings, divorce proceedings and other issues affecting everyday Americans. Some analysts are worrying about states' abilities to dispense justice. Michel Martin speaks with Mary McQueen of the National Center for State Courts.