Most Active Stories
- Drum numbers likely dropping – but no cause for alarm
- Cape Vincent tells state: we want decision on wind farm
- Syracuse takes "first step" toward seizing old Hotel Syracuse
- Modernized "Music Man" production gives Syracuse student actors new experience
- Congress saves fire hydrants from scrap yard over lead rules
Still Cataloging The Skies, Long After 'Planet X'
Perched on a mesa just above Flagstaff is the historic Lowell Observatory, founded back in the days of the Wild West. Observatory director Jeffrey Hall talks about landmark discoveries made there, like 'Planet X'--later renamed Pluto--and the exoplanets astronomers are spotting there today.