Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Air Force plane found deep below Lake Ontario from 1952 crash
More News From WRVO
Students bike to increase voter participation
By Jasmyn Belcher
Oswego, NY – Seven college students from Vermont are expected to bicycle into Syracuse today, in an effort to increase voter participation in the 2008 presidential election.
Syracuse is one of six cities across the U.S. that the cyclists plan to visit. The 47 day 1,800 mile trek across the country began Monday, and is expected to end August 1st in Wyoming.
WRVO's Jasmyn Belcher spoke with Max MacDonald, one of the cyclists.