Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
More News From WRVO
Students bike to increase voter participation
By Jasmyn Belcher
Oswego, NY – Seven college students from Vermont are expected to bicycle into Syracuse today, in an effort to increase voter participation in the 2008 presidential election.
Syracuse is one of six cities across the U.S. that the cyclists plan to visit. The 47 day 1,800 mile trek across the country began Monday, and is expected to end August 1st in Wyoming.
WRVO's Jasmyn Belcher spoke with Max MacDonald, one of the cyclists.