Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
- World War II veteran honored with Purple Heart 70 years after turning it down
More News From WRVO
Syracuse Peace Council Celebrates 70th Anniversary
By Chris Ulanowski
Syracuse, NY – The Syracuse Peace Council is celebrating 70-years of activism.
The Peace Council formed in 1936 at the height of the depression and the "New Deal" politics of President Franklin Delano Roosevelt.
Sam Feld joined the Peace Council in the 1950's. He still remains active in the organization. WRVO's Chris Ulanowski asked the 87-year old why he became involved.