Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
- Education historian lashes out against Common Core during Syracuse visit
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
Arts & Life
The Trouble With Assessing 'Black Films'
Originally published on Sat December 28, 2013 6:54 pm
This year was lauded by many news outlets as an incredible year for black films. CNN heralded "Hollywood's African-American Renaissance;" The New York Times called 2013 a "a breakout year for black films." Shani Hilton, deputy editor-in-chief of BuzzFeed, talks to NPR's Arun Rath about why she think those assertions are overstated.