Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
- No bones about it, Utica College students learn more than anthropology in Albania
More News From WRVO
U-S Supreme Court Rules Against Oneida Indian Nation of New York
By Chris Ulanowski
Oswego, NY – The United States Supreme Court has ruled that the Oneida Indian Nation of New York owes property taxes to the City of Sherrill. The ruling could affect future native land claim cases and existing native casinos.
WRVO's Chris Ulanowski spoke with New York State Assemblyman David Townsend, a loongtime critic of the Oneida's business practices, about the ruling.
( The Oneida Nation said it wishes the court had ruled differently and that the Nation will do everything it can to protect over 4,200 jobs it created, in reference to the Turning Stone Casino and Resort. )