Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Winter storm to bring heavy snow to the region Wednesday and Thursday
- Oswego County nuclear plant shut down for the second time in less than a week
More News From WRVO
U-S Supreme Court Rules Against Oneida Indian Nation of New York
By Chris Ulanowski
Oswego, NY – The United States Supreme Court has ruled that the Oneida Indian Nation of New York owes property taxes to the City of Sherrill. The ruling could affect future native land claim cases and existing native casinos.
WRVO's Chris Ulanowski spoke with New York State Assemblyman David Townsend, a loongtime critic of the Oneida's business practices, about the ruling.
( The Oneida Nation said it wishes the court had ruled differently and that the Nation will do everything it can to protect over 4,200 jobs it created, in reference to the Turning Stone Casino and Resort. )