Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
More News From WRVO
U-S Supreme Court Rules Against Oneida Indian Nation of New York
By Chris Ulanowski
Oswego, NY – The United States Supreme Court has ruled that the Oneida Indian Nation of New York owes property taxes to the City of Sherrill. The ruling could affect future native land claim cases and existing native casinos.
WRVO's Chris Ulanowski spoke with New York State Assemblyman David Townsend, a loongtime critic of the Oneida's business practices, about the ruling.
( The Oneida Nation said it wishes the court had ruled differently and that the Nation will do everything it can to protect over 4,200 jobs it created, in reference to the Turning Stone Casino and Resort. )