Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
More News From WRVO
U-S Supreme Court Rules Against Oneida Indian Nation of New York
By Chris Ulanowski
Oswego, NY – The United States Supreme Court has ruled that the Oneida Indian Nation of New York owes property taxes to the City of Sherrill. The ruling could affect future native land claim cases and existing native casinos.
WRVO's Chris Ulanowski spoke with New York State Assemblyman David Townsend, a loongtime critic of the Oneida's business practices, about the ruling.
( The Oneida Nation said it wishes the court had ruled differently and that the Nation will do everything it can to protect over 4,200 jobs it created, in reference to the Turning Stone Casino and Resort. )