Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
More News From WRVO
By Chris Ulanowski
Oswego, NY – The Natural Resources Defense Council has issued its annual report on water quality at public beaches.
The report determined that ocean, estuaraine and beaches in New York and Connecticut were closed for 1,500 days in 2006 -- an increase of 15 percent over 2005.
Dereth Glance of the Citizens Campaign for the Environment spoke to WRVO's Chris Ulanowski about the report's findings.
(The full report is available at