Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
More News From WRVO
By Chris Ulanowski
Oswego, NY – The Natural Resources Defense Council has issued its annual report on water quality at public beaches.
The report determined that ocean, estuaraine and beaches in New York and Connecticut were closed for 1,500 days in 2006 -- an increase of 15 percent over 2005.
Dereth Glance of the Citizens Campaign for the Environment spoke to WRVO's Chris Ulanowski about the report's findings.
(The full report is available at