Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
- Tell Me More will leave WRVO's midday schedule; Q with Jian Ghomeshi moves in
More News From WRVO
By Chris Ulanowski
Oswego, NY – The Natural Resources Defense Council has issued its annual report on water quality at public beaches.
The report determined that ocean, estuaraine and beaches in New York and Connecticut were closed for 1,500 days in 2006 -- an increase of 15 percent over 2005.
Dereth Glance of the Citizens Campaign for the Environment spoke to WRVO's Chris Ulanowski about the report's findings.
(The full report is available at