Most Active Stories
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
More News From WRVO
Upstate Congressman seeks answers on VA health care funding.
By Elizabeth Christensen
Syracuse, NY – An Upstate Congressman wants to know why the Department of Veterans Affairs has a $1 billion hole in its budget.
Republican Jim Walsh of Syracuse, NY who chairs the House Appropriations Subcommittee on Military Life and Veterans Affairs, says he's investigating the sudden lack of funding.
The Congressman spoke about the issue with WRVO's Elizabeth Christensen.