Most Active Stories
- Some billing relief for National Grid customers after bitter winter
- Cortland among counties to pull out of SAFE Act pilot program
- Wegmans takes a stance on genetically modified food
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
More News From WRVO
Upstate Congressman seeks answers on VA health care funding.
By Elizabeth Christensen
Syracuse, NY – An Upstate Congressman wants to know why the Department of Veterans Affairs has a $1 billion hole in its budget.
Republican Jim Walsh of Syracuse, NY who chairs the House Appropriations Subcommittee on Military Life and Veterans Affairs, says he's investigating the sudden lack of funding.
The Congressman spoke about the issue with WRVO's Elizabeth Christensen.