Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Air Force plane found deep below Lake Ontario from 1952 crash
VIDEO: After 520 Days, 'Astronauts' Emerge Following Fake Mars Mission
Fast-forward to about the 3-minute mark in this video if you want to see the moment when six men who had lived together in a mock spaceship for 18 months emerged today in Moscow.
As Eyder wrote Thursday, the "$15 million project, dubbed Mars500, is a serious experiment commissioned by the European Space Agency" designed to see how humans would do on an 18-month journey to Mars.
According to the ESA, the international crew of three Russians, two Europeans and one Chinese:
"Performed exceptionally well. They have kept together and showed that motivation and team spirit can keep humans going under very difficult conditions. Scientists are pleased at their exceptional discipline."