Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
Is The Voting Rights Act Still Necessary?
An effort is underway by at least two states to challenge key provisions of the 1965 Voting Rights Act, which outlawed discriminatory voting practices. As voters in Alabama and Mississippi go to the polls to vote in their states' primaries, host Michel Martin discusses the act with former U.S. Congressman Artur Davis.