Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Winter storm to bring heavy snow to the region Wednesday and Thursday
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Oswego County nuclear plant shut down for the second time in less than a week
Week Of Sweet, Sour Economy For Ordinary Americans
The labor market is improving, but Friday's consumer price index news shows that workers' paychecks are not keeping up with limited inflation. Hundreds of people visited NPR's Facebook page to comment on whether things are really getting better. Host Michel Martin and NPR Senior Business Editor Marilyn Geewax sift through the stats and comments.