Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
- Tell Me More will leave WRVO's midday schedule; Q with Jian Ghomeshi moves in
Week Of Sweet, Sour Economy For Ordinary Americans
The labor market is improving, but Friday's consumer price index news shows that workers' paychecks are not keeping up with limited inflation. Hundreds of people visited NPR's Facebook page to comment on whether things are really getting better. Host Michel Martin and NPR Senior Business Editor Marilyn Geewax sift through the stats and comments.