Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- No bones about it, Utica College students learn more than anthropology in Albania
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
Who Is Native American, And Who Decides That?
Originally published on Thu November 1, 2012 12:03 pm
More than five million people in the U.S. claim some form of Native American identity, according to the U.S. Census Bureau. November is Native American Heritage Month and host Michel Martin kicks it off with the first in a series of conversations with author Anton Treuer. He talks about who is Native American and how that identity is determined.