Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
WWI: France Hoped Fake Paris Would Fool Germany
Veterans Day was last week, and with it came a reminder of a World War 1 strategy. Britain's Daily Telegraph reported on the fake city France was creating in hopes German bombs wouldn't hit the real Paris. The sham city was never finished because the war ended.